Saying 'Hello' to the Blogosphere
If you've made it this far, you're probably wondering about a few things, right? "Why is it in English, filha da desgraça?", "Why did she choose a text blog?" or maybe something more important like "What am I going to eat before reading this shit?" Well, there are infinite possibilities for your thoughts, and I don't fancy myself an oracle skilled enough to keep guessing them. So, I'll address questions that I believe are important for you to know. I just hope you have some time (5 minutes) and some patience.
So, the first question: "Who am I (not you, me, the person who is writing)?"
I have absolutely no idea, and I'm not joking about it. That's probably the worst question someone could ask me. Yes, I do therapy. Anyway, let's move on to smoother sailing and address easier topics.
"Why did I choose, in the era of TikTok, to write a blog?"
Because I do have a mirror (actually four) in my house. I'm ugly. Easy. Let's move on!
"Why is it in English?"
The answer here is a bit more serious (Content Warning: the following content is a bit more serious - boring). I've been learning English for two and a half years now, and I want to practice. I want to reach fluency. Writing here is an exercise, I hope. Of course, I know my English is not perfect (and I'm not happy to admit that my Portuguese is probably even worse). But, for me, for now, it is more than enough. I accept corrections (but if you're not my English teacher or a (very) close friend, keep it to yourself, please). However, the truth is: I want to write. I like to write. And I can post for free - I don't have to pay for hosting. Blogger is a Google “tool”.
Are you starting to feel tired? It was the "more serious content". Don't blame me - I warned you about it, right? Let's go! One last question.
"What is the blog going to be about?"
First off, I plan to stop writing in the first-person perspective from now on. I can't promise, but I'll try. Though, I want to talk about politics, the environment, climate change, Freud, economics, birds, sushi, nuclear fusion, how hard it is to be in your 30's... But, the reality is "time will tell us the truth".
Before I go, one last thing: I intend to post every Friday. And if you have any questions or suggestions for topics you'd like to read about, feel free to let me know. Thank you! See you soon.
Comments
Post a Comment